Blip is a top-of-the-edge Portuguese IT company, focused on software engineering solutions for sports betting and gaming. As part of the Flutter Entertainment group, we are an essential piece of the business, delivering safe and entertaining websites, mobile apps, and retail systems for over 7.6 million monthly customers around the globe.
We bet on people first. That’s why employer branding and flexible practices are cornerstones of our working culture. And our working culture is more than job benefits, it empowers you to come as you are and find the perfect balance between your life and your working challenges. We focus on autonomy, diversity, lifelong learning, and work-life balance.
As part of the Flutter Tech Global Services function, the Workplace Architect will serve as a thought leader, engaging with senior business and technical leaders across the group to help them develop their strategies, implement solutions and achieve business value from their workplace technologies.
You will work with all brands across the Flutter Group on their evolving journey, proposing ways that our tools, methods, investments, and resources could be used to accelerate the groups overall journey to achieve a more cohesive and collaborative workplace. You must be effective at articulating the business opportunity from changes and how modern technology and methodologies reduce risk, operational burdens and ultimately achieve outcomes. You should be comfortable working with cross functional global teams in dynamic organisations, as the role will have interdependencies with various teams, including partners and our own engineering functions.
The right candidate will have experience working within enterprise organisations on large scale migration/modernisation transformation projects. This will have involved a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, coupled with a strong technical understanding to provide confidence and answer questions, an ability to engage and help crystallise business benefits, demonstrate a good understanding of workplace solutions, and a passion for helping to transform using these types of technologies.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Development and delivery of a Workplace Strategy that ensures the Group workplace technology aligns to our overall key technology strategies and business goals.
- Design/architect key group workplace platforms and tooling via appropriate hosting solutions (i.e. Cloud), ensuring alignment with wider Infrastructure and Security solutions to optimise overall business value.
- Lead key global Workplace programmes to ensure the groups Enterprise and Workplace desired outcomes are achieved.
- Drive group engagement, developing and implementing best practice to create a secure workplace, aligning with security controls, compliance and standards.
- Define/maintain the identity architecture including governance tools SailPoint and SecretServer for privilege access management
- Develop suitable operational process and procedures, liaising with Service Management to define appropriate SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Where necessary, remain ‘hands-on’ with the development and engineering of certain solutions to drive forward their testing and implementation.
- Work closely with vendors to understand the details of their roadmaps, gaining ‘outside-in’ state-of-the-art thinking, to develop a futureproof Flutter Workplace roadmap, which in turn helps our divisions to shape their own roadmaps.
- Maintain a commercial and cost-conscious approach, ensuring group opportunities are realised.
- Serve as the thought leader for global initiatives - The successful person will provide learnings and insights across each of the divisional entities within the group.
- Embrace the group and foster a culture of knowledge share, innovation and collaboration, developing Communities of Practice and standardised ways of operating/working.
- Big Thinker: Constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help Flutter respond to change and shape the future; drives self and others to pursue opportunities that will create sustainable value for Flutter; contributes to the functional and the Flutter strategy, mapping and aligning efforts to strategic imperatives.
- Effective Communicator: Provides clarity on business goals; is effective in all types of communication; adjusts communication style to fit the audience; consistently communicates the mission, vision and values to inspire, energise and motivate others throughout Flutter; ensures others understand how their efforts positively impact the bigger picture; creates an environment that encourages effective communication and the sharing of diverse perspectives.
- Commercially Savvy: Makes it their business to be aware and anticipate emerging external factors and changing market dynamics; constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help Flutter respond to change and shape the future; has deep understanding of business drivers and the industry to guide decisions and lead others.
- Customer Obsessed: Builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders; champions the needs of customers and the importance of exceeding expectations; builds and delivers solutions that exceed customer expectations; prioritises customer satisfaction and builds commitment in others to provide outstanding service.
- Nimble: Is energised by new and unfamiliar situations and quickly adapts; advocates active experimentation and encourages others to be agile in their approach; is adaptable and flexible when developing others encouraging them to learn quickly when faced with new situations and be open to new ideas and ways of working; proactively shares lessons learned across the organisation.
- Wins Together: Gains trust and support of others, generous with time, advice and knowledge; is able to establish and engage networks to get stuff done rather than depend on authority; seeks out opportunities to break down barriers and collaborate and partner across organisational boundaries.
- Resilient: Creates a climate where people are curious, resilient, determined, learn and adapt; handles and manages crises effectively; anticipates and shows the way forward during setbacks; builds energy in others to stick with it/ to stay on track / push through.
To become one of us you should have
- Experience of operating in a lead or senior technology role within a fast-paced online/eCommerce organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of leading at scale to successfully develop and deliver business change and strategic objectives.
- Extensive experience of stakeholder management, up to and including C-suite.
- Good experience of workplace architecture and technologies, such as Microsoft, Okta, Atlassian and Slack, as well as cyber security architecture and current IT Security standards.
- Competent in the field of busines change, with an ability to drive change across large organisations and ensure adoption of changes.
- Excellent understanding of End-User Support, Service Management and Service Lifecycle frameworks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This is what you should have. What do we have, you ask? Well...you can check our amazing perks & benefits right here !
So ... Are you in?