Blip is a top-of-the-edge Portuguese IT company, focused on software engineering solutions for sports betting and gaming. As part of the Flutter Entertainment group, we are an essential piece of the business, delivering safe and entertaining websites, mobile apps, and retail systems for over 7.6 million monthly customers around the globe.
We bet on people first. That’s why employer branding and flexible practices are cornerstones of our working culture. And our working culture is more than job benefits, it empowers you to come as you are and find the perfect balance between your life and your working challenges. We focus on autonomy, diversity, lifelong learning, and work-life balance.
As a QA Analyst (backend), you are part of a Software Development Team, responsible for the full lifecycle of an application. Working in a team formed by Developers, a Delivery Manager and a Product Owner, you will contribute to deliver with quality and pace. You understand and embrace the philosophy of CI/CD and have no interest in throwing work “over the wall” to anybody inside or outside of the team. You believe that preventing bugs through collaborative techniques, such as Specification by Example, brings better results and is more conducive to delivering at pace than late bug detection. You would describe yourself as passionate about working in a cross-functional team that collaboratively build, test, release, and operate applications.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Act as a partner on an Agile team, working together to keep delivering at pace, scale, and with the demanded quality to support our products;
- Analyze requirements and user stories with a critical mindset, identifying possible gaps and being ready to challenge Product Owner;
- Create testing strategies for new features or architectural changes;
- Specify test cases for user stories to assure a good coverage of automated tests;
- Support developers on test case implementation and integration on existing components;
- Conduct structured exploratory testing sessions;
- Support the release management in a CI/CD environment, with a quality focus mindset;
- Analyze incidents assigned to the team and correctly report bugs for the team to fix it, agreeing with the Product Owner on their right priority and severity;
To become one of us you should have
- At least 3 years working in the Quality area;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Understanding of basic concepts on testing against application programming interfaces (APIs) for web services or API gateways for varying protocols (e.g. REST, RPC or SOAP-based);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Portuguese and English;
- Strong attention to detail;
- BSc or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable knowledge;
Apart from this, there are a few things that would be nice to have , such as:
- Experience working in agile environments, preferably with Scrum;
- Experience working in CI/CD with tools such as Jenkins or GoCD;
- Experience with version control systems such as Git;
- Experience in automating tests in Java, C# or other languages;
- An understanding of basic relational database concepts and can interface with SQL databases using simple SQL queries.
This is what you should have. What do we have, you ask? Well...you can check our amazing perks & benefi ts right here ! So ... Are you in?