Blip is a Tech and Innovation Hub with a strong knowledge in software development, mobile apps, web platforms and retail applications for betting and gaming.
We are part of Flutter Entertainment Group – one of the World´s Largest Groups in the bookmaking industry, with an annual revenue of around 5 billion euros.
Its strong and diverse portfolio of market-leading brands and best-in-class products provides excitement and entertainment in a safe and responsible way.
The Code we develop, powering brands such as Paddy Power, Sky Betting & Gaming, Betfair, Sportsbet, FoxBet, FanDuel, and PokerStars, is used by around 14 million people in more than 100 countries, and we are in the API Billionaire Club alongside players such as Google, Facebook and Twitter.
We’re looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. As a Senior Frontend Developer you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for a growing community of millions of players. You will own and become subject matter experts of areas of product and technology stack and will be the go-to person for those areas.
You work efficiently and routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance. Your work focuses on complex, ambiguous problem areas in existing or new software initiatives. You take the long term view. You consider where each system is at in its life-cycle and where appropriate, proactively fix architecture deficiencies. You make existing systems simpler (e.g. by consolidating redundant systems, deleting unnecessary code, or removing/updating out of date documentation). You are able to take the lead on large projects that require the work of your team. You know how to divide a software project into parallel work that can be performed by you and other software engineers and then reassembled successfully into a cohesive launch. You enjoy coaching and developing other software engineers' technical skills.
To become one of us...
- You take ownership of team architecture, providing a system-wide view and design guidance.
- You make things simpler.
- You write simple, exemplary code that motivates team write quality code & following best standards.
- You drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards.
- You work to resolve the root cause of endemic problems including areas where your team limits the innovation of other teams (bottlenecks). This may require you to influence software decisions made by other teams.
- When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
- You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices.
- You ensure your team is stronger because of your presence, but does not require your presence to be successful.
- On-call rotation where required. You provide excellent customer support
- Most importantly, you are; humble & pragmatic.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has...
- Solid experience building and designing Highly scalable, Fault tolerant and always available systems.
- Good grasp in a broad range of data structures and algorithms.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architectural principles.
- Good grasp on relational, non-relational databases, messaging queues and concurrency.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS. Understating of containers (e.g. Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Passion to automate your work by using scripting languages e.g. Shell scripts.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products and services.
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment.