Blip is a top-of-the-edge Portuguese IT company, focused on software engineering solutions for sports betting and gaming.
As part of the Flutter Entertainment group, we are an essential piece of the business, delivering safe and entertaining websites, mobile apps, and retail systems for over 7.6 million monthly customers around the globe.
Creating safe and fun software for sports betting and gaming it’s what we do. But the way we do it makes us one of the top options when choosing the best place to boost your career. Our Agile-oriented mindset, together with the most exciting technology and a team of 500 bold and inspiring people, will drive your star-quality skills to another level.
We bet on people first. That’s why employer branding and flexible practices are cornerstones of our working culture. And our working culture is more than job benefits, it empowers you to come as you are and find the perfect balance between your life and your working challenges. We focus on autonomy, diversity, lifelong learning, and work-life balance.
So… It’s not a job. It’s a way of being and it all starts here. Are you in ?
As a Portfolio Manager in the Flutter UK&I Portfolio & Planning team you will be empowered and supported by the UK&I senior management team to challenge, lead difficult conversations, give honest feedback and look for improvement opportunities.
The Portfolio Manager role focusses on providing clarity on business priorities by driving cross-functional alignment and removing impediments on behalf of the divisional leadership. The role owns the single source of truth for the divisional resource and investment distribution across all areas of supply and demand. They act as a catalyst to ensure the right people are taking informed, data driven decisions at the right time. They actively surface and seize opportunities to evolve and accelerate the end-to-end portfolio value delivery process.
The role reports to the Head of UK&I Portfolio & Planning within the UK&I Delivery team, you’ll work closely with the Brand and Tribe leadership teams and relevant business areas across the UK&I division. You will have a key role in working with Tech and Product leaders across the areas to promote best practice and share knowledge.
This role will require travel to locations where our teams are situated, and other locations as required for specific events.
Experience & Skills
- Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills; there is considerable exposure to senior leaders across the Group, with a need to communicate complex activities in a simple manner.
- You’ll need to be a strong individual contributor with demonstrable experience of engaging at a range of levels of detail.
- You will have demonstrable experience in building relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of seniority, across different functional areas and an ability to use those relationships to get things done outside your immediate structure, keeping key stakeholders updated.
- Hands-on approach, you will work closely with the delivery teams; you will be pragmatic, approachable and able to work well with people at all levels.
- You’ll be confident and credible with technology, product and commercial stakeholders based on your previous experience.
- You will be able to apply your commercial acumen and business knowledge to provide real value to the Brands, Tribes and UK&I division.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
Within Brand / Tribe:
- Works alongside Head of Delivery within Brand / Tribe to ensure effective delivery governance, providing assurance that decisions are made and clearly communicated across the tribe and that resource allocation is based on priorities.
- Provides an objective challenge to investment plans, connecting Brand and Tribe activities to the broader context of divisional strategic plans.
- Ensures project data accuracy in our workflow management systems.
- Optimises and manages the intake of demand into UK&I Brands and Tribes ensuring relevant UK&I Governance processes are followed and forums attended as appropriate.
As part of the central Portfolio team:
- Owner of the source of truth for divisional investment plans and serves as facilitator and mediator for supply and demand centers.
- Defines, implements and evolves the UK&I Portfolio Governance framework, including connection into the Brands and Tribes frameworks.
- Provides the UK&I leadership with oversight and reporting on Brand / Tribe fulfillment of UK&I strategy.
- Proactively identifies risks & opportunities that affect portfolio performance, through cross tribe dependency and risk tracking.
- Produces divisional insights to inform UK&I leadership decision making.
- Openly assesses confidence levels of data quality and integrity.
- Defines and manages the content & quality standards for decision-making inputs.
- Promotes UK&I OKRs and ensures alignment of Brands and Tribes.