Blip is a top-of-the-edge Portuguese IT company, focused on software engineering solutions for sports betting and gaming.
As part of the Flutter Entertainment group, we are an essential piece of the business, delivering safe and entertaining websites, mobile apps, and retail systems for over 7.6 million monthly customers around the globe.
Creating safe and fun software for sports betting and gaming it’s what we do. But the way we do it is what makes us one of the top options when it comes to choosing the best place to boost your career. Our Agile-oriented mindset, together with the most exciting technology and a team of 500 bold and inspiring people, will drive your star-quality skills to another level.
We bet on people first. That’s why employer branding and flexible practices are cornerstones of our working culture. And our working culture is more than job benefits, it empowers you to come as you are and find the perfect balance between your life and your working challenges. We focus on autonomy, diversity, lifelong learning, and work-life balance.
So… It’s not a job. It’s a way of being and it all starts here. Are you in?
The Role ...
The Cloud Automation Engineer will work on multiple initiatives with the aim of integrating our automated infrastructure with our PaaS. We’re looking for an engineer to join our team to contribute to our private cloud which is based on the Openstack platform as well as our AWS CI/CD solution.
You should be familiar with continuous delivery and how it is utilized to deliver applications to production. This job will require you to have Linux administration and automation skills. You should also be comfortable with networking, have experience running virtualized and/or physical servers and to assist various delivery teams set up deployment pipelines that will deploy the applications through testing environments and onto production.
You will create self-service infrastructure workflows that delivery teams will consume. You will work with other automation engineers and become familiar with continuous integration, continuous delivery and deployment processes at Flutter UKI and how to implement them and improve them. We want you to have a “can do” attitude and look at ways of automating manual tasks.
- Day-to-day activity improving our infrastructure, tooling and continuous delivery processes, including project work as well as support for delivery teams.
- Help development teams on-board applications into Openstack or AWS by creating CI/CD pipelines for various technologies including Apache, Kafka, MySQL, Informix and many more in an immutable way.
- Look at ways of utilizing Openstack and AWS APIs to automate manual activities
- Utilize configuration management and tools such as Ansible, Chef, Jenkins and GoCD to create self-service workflows
We hope you have
- Work experience as a DevOps
- Experience using source control management tools such as Git
- Technical knowledge of Linux administration, Networking, CD/CI tooling (Jenkins, Artifactory, GoCD), Storage, Software Defined Networking
- Development experience in Python
- Container knowledge + orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge automating manual application deployments using Ansible/Chef/Terraform/AWS CDK
- Experience with load balancing products and/or clustering
- Aptitude for evaluating and embracing new technologies and tooling.
- Problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting and root cause analysis capabilities.
- Comfortable with a remote work environment
We'd love to see
- Exposure to Openstack
- Working experience using AWS services (EC2, S3, CloudFormation, etc)
- Ability to work and communicate with non-technical business staff
- Incident and Change Management experience
- Coach and mentor team members