Blip is a top-of-the-edge Portuguese IT company, focused on software engineering solutions for sports betting and gaming.
As part of the Flutter Entertainment group, we are an essential piece of the business, delivering safe and entertaining websites, mobile apps, and retail systems for over 7.6 million monthly customers around the globe.
Creating safe and fun software for sports betting and gaming it’s what we do. But the way we do it makes us one of the top options when choosing the best place to boost your career. Our Agile-oriented mindset, together with the most exciting technology and a team of 500 bold and inspiring people, will drive your star-quality skills to another level.
We bet on people first. That’s why employer branding and flexible practices are cornerstones of our working culture. And our working culture is more than job benefits, it empowers you to come as you are and find the perfect balance between your life and your working challenges. We focus on autonomy, diversity, lifelong learning, and work-life balance.
So… It’s not a job. It’s a way of being and it all starts here. Are you in ?
What You'll Be Doing...
You ’ ll have the opportunity to manage application releases through automated pipelines, working with developers and product owners as needed to resolve issues and deliver value at an accelerated pace, ensuring product quality.
To become one of us you should have...
· Proven ability to troubleshoot issues and strong analytical skills
· Take an active part in the production problem root cause investigation, identification, and resolution (where/when necessary)
· Preventive monitoring
· Delivery & verification of technical changes across a broad range of services, as well as integration & onboarding of new services or dependencies
· Version Control management of the RPMs, as part of the team BAU and Tech Deliverables
· Knowledge of Unix/Linux systems administration & Networking
· Familiarity with CD/CI pipelines comprising Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Go, Ansible or Chef, etc
· Familiarity or working knowledge of Openstack / Citrix NS / Go / Sensu
· Integrate existing on-call rota
· Provide support for the multi Brand Production environments in the UK&I division
· Contribute to process review and lessons learned activities.
Apart from this, there are a few things that would be nice to have , such as:
· Experience working with object-oriented programming languages
· Ability to debug and optimize code
· Hands-on knowledge of container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Openshift)
· Experience working with public/private cloud environments (e.g. AWS, OpenStack, Azure)
· Familiarity with SRE and DevOps methodologies
As an Application Support Engineer at Blip, it's not just about technical knowledge. We value (a lot) a strong set of soft skills - being a team player and promoting a healthy environment within your team is just as important. This means that we'll be expecting a strong set of soft skills as well - excellent communication (in Portuguese and English), common sense, proactivity and a passion for the art of problem-solving.
If you read this far and think that this is you, we can't wait to meet you!