Blip is a top-of-the-edge Portuguese IT company, focused on software engineering solutions for sports betting and gaming.
As part of the Flutter Entertainment group, we are an essential piece of the business, delivering safe and entertaining websites, mobile apps, and retail systems for over 7.6 million monthly customers around the globe.
Creating safe and fun software for sports betting and gaming it’s what we do. But the way we do it is what makes us one of the top options when it comes to choosing the best place to boost your career. Our Agile-oriented mindset, together with the most exciting technology and a team of 500 bold and inspiring people, will drive your star-quality skills to another level.
We bet on people first. That’s why employer branding and flexible practices are cornerstones of our working culture. And our working culture is more than job benefits, it empowers you to come as you are and find the perfect balance between your life and your working challenges. We focus on autonomy, diversity, lifelong learning, and work-life balance.
So… It’s not a job. It’s a way of being and it all starts here. Are you in ?
Our goal, as a Perfomance Engineer , is to ensure that all our sites can support yearly peaks in load through key sporting events.
You will work with our development teams to create and maintain realistic load tests simulating hundreds of thousands of customers using our sites. You will gain a knowledge of our microservice architecture and infrastructure working with experts and senior stakeholders in all areas.
You will become an expert in the load generation tools, the monitoring systems deployed against our estate, analysis of test runs and the ability to communicate this to the wider teams.
The development teams that you’ll be supporting and advising are based in Dublin, London, Porto and Cluj, travel will be required from time to time.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute integrated performance tests against web-based applications, and back-end components
- Creation and maintenance of load tests scripts for Paddy Power & Betfair production sites.
- Utilise test suites for integration testing that reuse scripts created by the development teams
- Guide the development team on performance testing & engineering practices
- Analyse test data and metrics, document test results, and identify and report performance issues, risks
- Ability to understand complex architectures and new products and their potential impact on the existing architecture
- Feed performance testing results into capacity planning decisions
- Continually drive performance testing forward and keep abreast of best practice / new ways of working within the field
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate technical results to an audience of varying technical competencies
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to exacting deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptable in their approach to customer/business needs
- Desire to learn about new products and keep abreast of new product developments
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science
- Working knowledge of Loadrunner Cloud & jMeter preferable.
- Some exposure to Splunk and groovy preferable.
- Strong understanding of network, database, and server operations as they relate to load testing
- Experience of analysing performance metrics and identifying system bottlenecks
- Experience of working with technical experts from other groups to identify critical system interface and integration test points, and translate into measurable test requirements