Flutter is a FTSE 50 global leader in sports betting and gaming with annual revenues of over £4bn. Its strong and diverse portfolio of market-leading brands and best-in-class products provides its 13 million customers excitement and entertainment in a safe and responsible way. Flutter brands include Paddy Power, Sky Betting & Gaming, Betfair, Sportsbet, FanDuel, and PokerStars.
The Global Betting Platform (‘gbp’) is Flutter’s flagship proprietary sports betting platform and is being used by multiple Brands across the Group to power delivery of new Sports betting features at pace. Today the gbp product enables the generate of 33% of the total Flutter Group Sportsbook online revenue and has around 1.7m active customers across the multiple brands transacting on it.
The Role ...
Working closely with the Product, Commercial and Technology teams to deliver top notch products and experiences to our customers, you will design simple solutions to complex business problems – assuring availability and performance. You will provide ongoing consultation and advice to stakeholders about roadmap features and will lead and implement architectural design best- practices, aiding the company projects' long-term success. Provide technical mentorship and support for architectural design, from individual applications/services to distributed systems design.
What you will be doing...
- Evaluation, conceptualization, design and integration of new features and enhancements into our backend sportsbook product, ensuring that product design and technology choices anticipate future needs;
- To be the go-to technical authority for development teams working on sportsbook backend platform;
- To work with the other architects across the Group to ensure a future ready product is designed;
- Be an active member of the technology-wide architecture community;
- Search, research and prototype new technologies;
- Work closely with Technology and Commercial stakeholders from multiple divisions, to ensure technical design solutions enable the betting platform to become a group asset;
- Develop comprehensive, informative documentation of the gbp system to be used across the different Flutter divisions;
- Develop understandings of the systems across the gbp product, their strengths, weaknesses, and their relationships and dependencies.
What We're Looking For...
We hope you have...
- Experience in designing, documenting and developing highly available, modifiable applications with high throughput expectations;
- Experience in distributed systems design;
- Good grasp of software engineering fundamentals;
- Ability to properly balance the strategic and the tactical, ensuring the big-picture is not lost.
We´d love to see...
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to establish close relationships with members of the development community inside and outside of own delivery team, underpinned by trust, integrity and respect;
- Objective, impartial, and unbiased posture, ensuring equal treatment for all and that decisions taken are based on objective criteria. Pragmatism and passion for the art of problem solving;
- Capability to work effectively and in partnership with other delivery community members inside and outside of own delivery team on company shared goals that align towards the achievement of the Flutter group technology strategy;
- Understanding and appreciation of different and opposing perspectives on an issue and ability to adapt your approach in order to achieve a successful outcome;
- A strong commitment to the development of talent: Recommending and supporting development activities in preparation for future roles; Investing time to coach and mentor others; Identifying, selecting, and developing top talent including and not shying away from talent that goes beyond your own capabilities; Working towards creation of an organisation that is an attractive place to work.