About Flutter Entertainment
Flutter is a FTSE 50 global leader in sports betting and gaming with annual revenues of over £4bn. Its strong and diverse portfolio of market-leading brands and best-in-class products provides its 13 million customers with excitement and entertainment in a safe and responsible way. Flutter brands include Paddy Power, Sky Betting & Gaming, Betfair, Sportsbet, FoxBet, FanDuel, and PokerStars.
The Global Betting Platform (‘gbp’) is Flutter’s flagship proprietary sports betting platform and is being used by multiple Brands across the Group to power delivery of new Sports betting features at pace. Today the gbp product enables the generate of 33% of the total Flutter Group Sportsbook online revenue and has around 1.7m active customers across the multiple brands transacting on it.
Currently, the gbp Platform has several dependencies that limit our ability to innovate and differentiate the experience we can provide to our customers and to our internal users. As such, we are undertaking a strategic initiative (‘gbp Evolution') to simplify the gbp platform, remove dependencies and create a truly world-class sports betting platform to power the Group.
Reporting to the Head of Product, the Product designer will be responsible for the full design process within the gbp Evolution program, which consists in building the user experience, by breaking down requirements into UX/UI assets, that can be tested by internal trading teams across the Flutter group, implemented by the development teams and ultimately used by our internal trading operators.
You will be obsessed with how Flutter’s various trading teams use gbp to power their sportsbook propositions, using data and insights to ensure the user experience that is delivered by gbp Evolution program aligns to the business needs.
You will be a peer of a team of Product Managers and Product Owners that will work alongside you through the duration of the gbp Evolution Program, supporting you in the prioritization of work, requirement definition and stakeholder engagement. You will work closely with other Product teams in the group, namely, Global Trading Tribe, to align UI principles, and requirements for trading experience, that will be used by gbp Evolution delivery teams.
Additionally, you will engage with a broader community of product designers across the Flutter group to share and leverage best practice to improve our ways of working, share knowledge and insights in how to build great products.
- Focus on the end-user - first & last - using research and experimentation to define a user-centered approach to our designs.
- Collaborate with the wider business; Product owners, Product Managers, other Product designers, developers, traders, researchers and other relevant stakeholders to the gbp evolution program.
- Create low, medium and high-fidelity wireframes and functional prototypes.
- Create final assets to be consumed by the development teams.
- Contribute to creating a design system to be used in building trading experiences.
- Partner with stakeholders across the group teasing our requirements and defining user goals and pain points.
- Use your extensive knowledge of design methodologies to educate and influence cross-functional teams.
- Define incremental Product Design development paths for new and existing functionality across products.
- Communicate the value of design solutions to a range of stakeholders with varying familiarity of design and technology.
- You don’t need to be an expert visual designer, but we do expect good visual literacy and the ability to make use of an established visual system.
- 3 - 5 years focused Product design experience — designing software products/web apps, with demonstrated ability to master complex domains.
- Ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups of your solutions using modern design tools such as Figma and Sketch.
- A portfolio demonstrating thoughtful problem-solving skills. Walk us through your design process, including the problem you were trying to solve and the research and sketches that brought you to your final design solution.
- Motivated self-starter who can deeply collaborate with other disciplines including product management, product owners, developers, research, and analytics.
- A result driven person with an action-oriented approach. Pursue work with energy and drive.
- Strong relationship management skills. Ability to relate to both business and technical specialists.
- Is resilient and confident under pressure and maintains a positive attitude despite adversity.
- A customer focus champion that builds and delivers solutions that meet our trading users needs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the sports betting industry would be an advantage.
- Building Support: Capable of establishing close relationships with our stakeholders. underpinned by trust, integrity and respect. Able to build awareness, understanding and positive momentum behind the Group technology trading experience strategy, often without being in a position to assert authority.
- Objective: Is impartial and unbiased, ensuring equal treatment for all and that decisions taken are based on objective criteria.
- Collaboration: Work effectively and in partnership with our stakeholders on group shared goals that align towards the achievement of the Group technology strategy. Fosters a collaborative environment.
- Adaptable: Understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue and is able to adapt our approach in order to achieve a successful outcome.
- Strategic Thinking: Think about the big picture and use that perspective to support our Divisions to achieve competitive advantage through greater agility, faster time to market and a better customer experience.
- Strategic Communication: Proactive and considered in your approach to stakeholder communications. You actively listen, provide constructive feedback and help others to consider new perspectives.
In addition to your resume, we ask you to either attach your portfolio in the "Resume/CV" field or add your portfolio link on the "websites" field.