Blip is a top-of-the-edge Portuguese IT company, focused on software engineering solutions for sports betting and gaming.
As part of the Flutter Entertainment group, we are an essential piece of the business, delivering safe and entertaining websites, mobile apps, and retail systems for over 7.6 million monthly customers around the globe.
Creating safe and fun software for sports betting and gaming it’s what we do. But the way we do it is what makes us one of the top options when it comes to choosing the best place to boost your career. Our Agile-oriented mindset, together with the most exciting technology and a team of 500 bold and inspiring people, will drive your star-quality skills to another level.
We bet on people first. That’s why employer branding and flexible practices are cornerstones of our working culture. And our working culture is more than job benefits, it empowers you to come as you are and find the perfect balance between your life and your working challenges. We focus on autonomy, diversity, lifelong learning, and work-life balance.
So… It’s not a job. It’s a way of being and it all starts here. Are you in ?
What You'll Be Doing...
As a Vulnerability Analyst you'll be joining an established and experienced Vulnerability Management team (UKI) and help maintain and expands its coverage over an ever changing mixture of cloud, on-premise, retail and end-user assets, so a broad understanding of wide range of technologies is an advantage.
A key part of the teams approach is to work closely with technical teams on long term remediation and mitigation strategies, rather than just whack-a-mole patching, so good communication skills, a healthy dose of pragmatism and a desire to design lasting solutions is essential.
We appreciate Vulnerability Management is a specialism that is rarely on career roadmaps, so a keen interest in general cyber security and a demonstrable background in problem solving across a wide range of technologies is acceptable in lieu of professional experience specially in Vulnerability Management.
To become one of us you should have...
- A good understanding of Cyber Security Basic, Windows & Linux administration and some level of network fundamentals;
- Strong people and interpersonal skills;
- Storing problem solving skills;
- An appreciation of Business Needs and Security Needs and a level of pragmatism to balance them.
Other desirable skills / experience includes:
- Experience of vulnerability scanning tools (Qualys, Nessus, Nexpose etc);
- Experience of exploits discovery via Pentests / CTFs / offensive security challenges;
- Reasonable Excel, PowerPoint and general documentation skills;
How you'll do it...
Reporting into the Security Vulnerability Manager, the aim is for you to, a quickly as possible:
- Take responsibility for reading and interpreting vulnerability data for a range of different platform and processes, spotting trends and failure points;
- Work with teams who fail to meet agreed remediation SLAs come up with plans to consistently meet them;
- Become a subject matter expert for vulnerability identification and remediation within the organisation;
- Ensure senior management are appraised of persistent or high-risk remediation SLA breaches;
- Contribute to division-wide weekly stats reporting;
- Help drive constant improvements in division-wide Vulnerability Management processes;