Blip is a top-of-the-edge Portuguese IT company, focused on software engineering solutions for sports betting and gaming.
As part of the Flutter Entertainment group, we are an essential piece of the business, delivering safe and entertaining websites, mobile apps, and retail systems for over 7.6 million monthly customers around the globe.
Creating safe and fun software for sports betting and gaming it’s what we do. But the way we do it is what makes us one of the top options when it comes to choosing the best place to boost your career. Our Agile-oriented mindset, together with the most exciting technology and a team of 500 bold and inspiring people, will drive your star-quality skills to another level.
We bet on people first. That’s why employer branding and flexible practices are cornerstones of our working culture. And our working culture is more than job benefits, it empowers you to come as you are and find the perfect balance between your life and your working challenges. We focus on autonomy, diversity, lifelong learning, and work-life balance.
So… It’s not a job. It’s a way of being and it all starts here. Are you in ?
This role will be responsible for the strategy and execution of Blip’s communications strategy and will be responsible for managing the Comms Team to develop and implement a strong EVP Brand while working closely with the People Director, General Manager and Porto Leadership team to provide strategic counseling and insights regarding external relations and employment market.
The role includes strategic communications with media and external relations engagement within the business community as well as in relation to authorities.
The Head of Communications, EB and External Affairs will build a cohesive external positioning strategy which supports the location and company’s growth objectives and can represent the company to external events.
Working together with the People directors, General Manager and the wider HR Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for building an internal and external events roadmap and implementation of industry-leading events with measurable benefits.
Working in partnership with other comms business areas/locations as well as Group Divisions, the selected candidate will also be responsible for developing an effective and cohesive internal communications strategy that will be employee-centric and enhance the achievement of the business goals.
Working closely with Divisional senior stakeholders and the HR team, the role will build an engagement framework on the most common engagement points and provide local know-how such as market, talent and culture by bringing together internal and external subject matter experts in these areas. In more complex areas, the role will formulate and lead projects from concept to operations for meeting stakeholder needs.
This role might require travel to other Flutter locations.
What You'll be Doing...
- Being responsible for planning the Communications Strategy for Blip, including planning how this is to be achieved and setting timeframes and steps for achieving the strategy.
- Engaging with GM, local stakeholders, Flutter Group and Flutter Divisions to build a cohesive EVP strategy which supports the location and company’s growth objectives.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique brand promise and selling attributes that will produce value in terms of awareness and employer branding.
- Working with Porto Leadership Team, Talent & Development, Office Management, Human Resources, Finance and Facilities to build internal and external events roadmap.
- Creating a framework and an ecosystem of qualified relevant suppliers for gathering innovative ideas for internal and external events.
- Budget planning and management of events internally and externally
- Location specific project planning, execution and regular communication, including senior stakeholder management
- Developing and growing the Comms team size and experience in delivering with excellence high-tier projects and events.
What We're Looking For...
- Experience in leadership and mentoring in multi-channel communication and Employer Branding teams.
- Experience in leading, developing and delivering of effective stakeholder engagement programmes and communication strategies.
- Ability to motivate and influence at all levels of the organization as well as to create a vision to lead on brand awareness and thought leadership.
- Track record in delivering impactful marketing and communications strategies with measurable outcomes
- Strong strategic planning and analytical skill
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high sense of urgency
- Confident and self-guiding, able to hit the ground running due to excellent sector expertise and insight
- Outgoing and proactive in networking with people from all sectors
- Strong interpersonal skills, building relationships with stakeholders
- Results focused with experience of evaluating engagement work
- Excellent understanding of a broad range of communication disciplines
- Ability to thrive in a changing organisation