Blip is a Tech and Innovation Hub with a strong knowledge in software development, mobile apps, web platforms and retail applications for betting and gaming.
We are part of Flutter Entertainment Group – one of the World´s Largest Groups in the bookmaking industry, with an annual revenue of around 5 billion euros.
Its strong and diverse portfolio of market-leading brands and best-in-class products provides excitement and entertainment in a safe and responsible way.
The Code we develop, powering brands such as Paddy Power, Sky Betting & Gaming, Betfair, Sportsbet, FoxBet, FanDuel, and PokerStars, is used by around 14 million people in more than 100 countries, and we are in the API Billionaire Club alongside players such as Google, Facebook and Twitter.
Data drives our organization. As a Data Engineer within the Data Domain, you will help us unlock the full potential of vast amounts of real-time and relational data, provide our business with insight, and delight ourcustomers with a world-class personalized experience.
In this role, you will partner with other data and software engineering teams building our online applications, and ouranalysts who make the data mean something. You will help us build automated tools that willorganize, model, and present our data as a coherent product and offer it to our stakeholders, providing a common information framework that allows us to intelligently react to what is happening on the field and in the marketplace.
We are looking for Python & Spark Engineers of all skill levels or experienced engineers from other disciplines who may be looking to make the move to a big data environment.
You might know Python but don't have commercial experience in data teams. If you have the passion to leave yourmark in this area of the business, read on – we want to hear from you!
Skills you have now or will quickly develop a deep understanding for
- Passion for building highly scalable and available systems used by other Data and Software Engineers, capable of efficiently running hundreds of data pipelines at the same
- Orchestrating data workflows with Apache Airflow
- Processing large workloads using distributed data systems such as Redshift, Athena, Spectrum, Spark, Hadoop, and Trino
- Processing real-time streaming workloads with distributed event systems such as Kafka and Kinesis
- Designing and maintaining production systems leveraging your knowledge and experience based on different business use cases, trade-offs, performance, and limitations
- Implementing data lake, warehouse, and lake house architectures leveraging your knowledge of data archiving and retrieval solutions and their relationship to access vs. cost
Things you will get exposure to
- Experimenting with new technologies, solving problems in the most efficient way
- Building, running, and maintaining enterprise production platforms
- Data security and privacy (e.g. GDPR, CPP)
- Data governance and data testing frameworks (e.g., Alation, Great Expectations)
- Continuous integration and delivery of production data products
- An inclusive culture that expects excellence and priorities your growth as an engineer and your well-being as a person
What You'll Get in Return...
Our passion has helped us take the betting industry by storm. So we think it's only fair that you enjoy excellent rewards.
The Fun Stuff
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Games room
- Snacks and drinks
- Sharesave scheme
- Career progression
- Global mobility
- Discounted gym memberships
- In office shower and locker rooms
- Health and well being classes (Yoga, bootcamp, etc.)
- Free breakfast
- In office masseuse, nutritionist and ergonomist
The Boring Stuff
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Lunch credit
- Health assessments
- Travel allowance
- Own your own laptop scheme
- Thousands of online learning courses
- Mobile allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
There is more, but we won't go on...